In the previous post, we have mentioned about direct database requests (DDR), and positive and negative properties of them. If you are interested in those topics please take some time and read corresponding post:
In this article, we will try to explain which permissions are required for DDR’s and how to assign then to a specific user.
First of all, we need to configure some settings in the repository part using Administration tool:
- Open the Administration Tool and go to Manage -> Identity
- Select BI Repository and on the right side, select Users or Application Roles tab
- Under the selected tab, select the desired user or application role name and double click
- Select the permissions button on the Application Role popup window
- In the Query Limits tabs, change Execute Direct Database Requests from Ignore to Allow
- Save and close windows.
Then we need to configure some settings in the BI Server:
- Using your web browser, open BI Server (analytics) and login as an administrator (weblogic user)
- Click on the Administration link placed at the right side of the top most part of the page
- Click on the Manage Privileges link located under Security part
- In the Answers section (list is not alphabetically sorted), for Edit Direct Database Analysis and Execute Direct Database Analysis sections click on the default value to include desired users and groups to allow these features.